Pokemon GO - late thoughts in the debate (normies and other scary folk)

Hey guys!

Does Pokémon or Pokémon GO need an introuction? Hardly. Even other mortal beings haven't been able to avoid the craze about this app. Everyone but my grandmother (95) has at least heard it being mentioned here or there.
   So, what can I add to this already hyped and constantly written on topic? When it first came to Sweden, I thought I was going to be writing about the game as well as my own progress on it. Then disaster happened and apparently my phone isn't compatible with the app. Misery. I have come to terms with it but I still wish a phone would be gifted to me from the heavens...
   But what happened was that I realized that I had a very unique experience as a nerd that doesn't play Pokémon GO. I totally feel like a normy (yes, you're a normy sis. An old normy)!! And here's how that feels:

   Hanging out with someone downtown.
   "Oh, you're on your phone. Again. Sure. People use their phones a lot. Quite a lot! Maybe I should play Wordfeud and answer some messages too. You're still on your phone? Well... I guess there must be something really interesting on there. Maybe we don't have much to talk about while waiting for our food to arrive to the table."
   One has a nice dinner for a few minutes and leave the restaurant.
   "What the...? You're on your phone again? God. It's this Pokémon GO thing. I love Pokémon GO. Wish I had it. Wish I could say something about it."
   A good 15 minutes can be spent walking slower than normal while looking at Pokémon on someone else's phone, but there's a limit. I need social interactions and something to do when I see my friends for God's sake.
   "I am happy for you. You have an awesome app. Could you please play it alone or with other people that you can share this game with?"
   20 minutes pass.
   "Are you still on your phone? I thought I was using my phone a lot. Apparently not. Now that I think about it... everyone is on their phone right now. Who am I? What kind of a normy have I become? How old am I? Does this mean I am living in the ordinary world and everyone else is hanging out in Pallet town?! This is harming to society... wow, I am older than I thought. I'm leaving."


https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/system/images/photo_albums/pokemon-go-photos/large/abra-toilet.jpg?1384968217





No one's to old to have fun. Game on

Comments

Popular Posts