I started walking a dog

Hey guys!

Disclaimer: Not a nerdy post.
Disclaimer 2: Only read if you're interested in dogs... or my life, I guess.

When I met my partner he had, to my extreme joy, a dog. I had always wanted a dog of my own. The longer we got into our relationship and the more I was certain that we would be together for a while (and eventually he would move in with me) I was thrilled to technically have a dog.

Then, when we had been together for almost five months I had discovered a breed and found a kennel close-by at which point I thought "I should just go there and see what the dogs are like, I might not even like them". For a while, I had wanted to buy my own dog but I hadn't had the funds etc.. So I went there anyway and all of a sudden I was just hooked. They were amazing, completely amazing, and I fell in love with them. So six months after that I had my own dog (or, I still have her haha) and I keep realizing it feels unreal, like she would never happen.

And now, on days I don't study, a dog comes here so her carers can go to work without leaving her at home alone. She's a Border Collie and Lab mix but she's pretty small.

And walking three dogs has changed my life (wow, I'm pretentious. I might have used sooome hyperbole here). Walking with three dogs feels like walking a pack and like I have to manage a group. The weakest link will ruin it (and mostly, the weakest link is just me...). It's so different to train an individual dog to do something for you than to train a whole pack of dogs to follow you. It's really opened my eyes, I love it!

I just thought I'd share...

Thanks for reading. Bark bark.

Comments

Popular Posts