Top 5 games I would like to play this year (but know I won't have time for...!!)

Each year my wishlist grows bigger and bigger on Steam. I'm not sure if it is due to the fact that it would cost so much money to buy them all, if I simply just don't have time for them or if it's a big fat combination of both. In any case, here are the top 5 games I would like to play this year but know I won't have time for.

The Witcher... and #2... and #3! (2007)



I included the official launch trailer but most of you are aware of what this game is about. This is the only game on my list that I actually have started playing but not finished and maybe I won't either. In actuality, I am less interested in The Witcher (1) and more interested in The Witcher 3 but I just cannot start there. There is a certain element that gets lost when you skip the first games in a series. It is not the same. The chronology just needs to be there for me.

I have spent a few hours on The Witcher and I will keep going for a few more hours even though the game is tedious to play in my opinion. I just hope it is worth it in the end.

Have you played any of The Witcher games yet? Do you agree with the main crowd about The Witcher 3?

Alien Isolation (2014)



My love-hate relationship between scary genres is really confusing. I can barely take playing/watching scary things but it fascinates me like nothing else. I have to be careful about what scary games go into my wishlist and this one made the list. Something about the resemblance to Dead Space is intriguing. How they have handled the "female protagonist" will also be interesting to find out.

Would you recommend Alien Isolation to a scaredy cat like me?

Overwatch (2016)


 Ahh... rounding into the shameful games I have yet not even tried. Overwatch. The game probably don't need much of an introduction to anyone. It has won game of the year, it was created by Blizzard and here I am - not playing it. I think it's the FPS-aspect that has put me off but if I know Blizzard correctly it's much more than "just an FPS". Does anyone play Overwatch because I need someone to force me into this game obviously...

Dare I ask if I am a loser for not playing this already? 😁

Dishonored 2 (2016)


Another game I have been meaning to play but never came around to is Dishonored 2. The first game in the series is an all time favorite. The plot is highly appealing and the many choices you have to customize your own game style made it fun all the way through.

The steampunk art and decaying surroundings make for a great, dark environment that seems plagued with both rats and immorality!

Has anyone played this? I have no idea if it is as good as I imagine it to be.


A Way Out (2018)


And here's a game from this year that I am looking forward to (actually released the 23rd of March!). There is something about the design that resembles Alan Wake. However, the gameplay won't be anything like it I presume. From the creators of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons comes another co-operative/double character game with a slightly different theme (at least at first glance). I am looking forward to what the content of the game will really be like!

Is anyone else looking forward to release? And also, does anyone else have any of these games on their "to play"-list? Let me know!


Comments

Popular Posts