Review of Dishonored

Hey everyone!

I started playing Dishonored months and months ago. I like the game a lot even though the blink mechanic is just soooo op! I have only gotten about 50 % into the game but I thought I would make a review anyway.

Dishonored was released in 2012 so perhaps you have already played or seen a review of it. And you should have, because it is a good game. It was developed by Arkane Studios and was released for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. I have only played it on PC, like most games I play, and will therefore not go into the console versions of it. There have been rumours about Dishonored 2 and if the game would be in progress right now it is probably in the very early stages because nothing has been officially released about it.

What I like most about the game is the AI and the story. The AI is so unforgiving. If they see you slightly they will be alerted and if they will start a chase they will really call on more guards etc. If you get into a corner they will not try to hit you one by one, they will really just smash you. Switching weapons and powers in the "menu" will only slow their movement, not stop it, you can never stop and think. While it is a game where you are supposed to sneak and you try to take things very much step by step and easy (or at least I did) when the fight is on, it's on!

Story without spoilers:


What I like less is the time it took for me to figure out where to go. You have an arrow that is pointing at which direction to go but there is not map or any possibility to see which way to go. In difference to the last Deus ex game where you felt like you had several alternative routes to take, in Dishonored I just took the only path I saw or knew because the others were hard to find. Getting up on the roof was never an alternative for me because I thought is almost impossible. I know people will not agree with me here and I'm not saying I want arrows pointing to every possible exit but something along the last Deus ex is something I would have liked more.

In 1920x1080 with high graphics I think it looks good. The game is somewhere between realistic and cartoony. The game pulls it off well, not coming across as either unrealistic or frivolous.

The game has no multiplayer features at all for anyone wondering. I think it is a good choice. The only multiplayer feature I could see working is racing through different levels or perhaps a kind of Portal co-op but I understand why there is no such thing as well.

I would give Dishonored a 6/10. Above average but not brilliant.

Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts