January favorites

Hey guys!

There were many months ago since I last made a favorites post and I think 2015 has rocked so far!

Video


It's been very annoying to me when people say "Oh, you just don't like this game because it's really hard. I beat it even though it was really hard" and I've been just wanting to tell them so much that it's a sucky game and that's the only reason I didn't play it, because it was so god damn punishing. I love difficult games so don't you even! This is the video I have been wanting to shove into people's faces for years and I finally found it.





Games
I have been playing a loooot of games during my Dec/Jan break so I am having a hard time choosing which I love the best but I'll give it a go.

First of all I have finally finished playing Dishonored that I started playing around summer 2013 but just never finished. I liked the game a lot and decided to pick it up again and finished the game in just a few games. I love how Dishonored is influenced by the decisions. This is probably not news to anyone but having finally finished it I am pretty happy haha!

I have also finished To the Moon (old game) and A Bird Story (the studio's newest game). They are made by the same studio and are kind of similar games. It's relatively non interactive, the focus is on the story. Both these games are cute, quiet and touching and I would recommend it to everyone, To the Moon, slightly more.

Reus is a game I have wanted for quiet some time and I finally bought it in the beginning of January. It's a strategy, god, simulation game in which you are giants with special powers. The forest giant can build forests, fruits etc. With different objectives each time you play you try to evolve the humans on your Earth. If you love simulation games this is something for you.

I have to include a last one which is The Stanley Parable. Also an old game haha (I have been cathing up to a lot!) I love games and films that mess somewhat with your mind or that have plottwists and what not and The Stanley Parable really delivered there. I don't want to say too much about this game in case you haven't played it but I can say that it's a great game. Play it!

Shows
In January I have finished watching the Grimm - season 2. Grimm seems to be a show you either love or hate... and I love it. It's a great balance between sci fi and the real world. Season 1 was very repretitive but the story evolved a lot more in season 2. Don't judge me for watching such old seasons, I am behind in games... just imagine where I'm at with shows...

I have also been watching The Big Bang Theory... no surprise there...

I also came out this month with a guilty pleasure that I have been quiet about for a while... and it's Ugly Betty. I am half-way through season 2 and... it's really good... it's about fashion and rich people's problems etc but Betty is so great and it's so wonderful to see the differences between all of these people with different backgrounds.

Channels
I have been watching a lot of Yoga with Adriene... every day in fact since I am a part of 30 Days of Yoga. It's been a great experience so far but atm I can't wait for it to stop. My shoulders need a day's rest!

I have also gone back to watching Tessa Violets videos again. Tessa Violet is a muscian (listen to her album on Spotify), gamer and nerd. In her videos she makes music collaborations, talk about games, Harry Potter and more.

Mobile game
I have been hooked on Forest Defense for three years... I have never beaten it and it's driving me crazy. I never uninstall it and once every six months I go back to trying to beat a few levels and put it back down again. This month was no exception. I finally passed level 49-54 but then I hit the wall again. So, since the game's been out for a while I looked for a sequel and there is one! So needless to say I've spent hours in the morning, on the bus, in the evening to play Forest Defense Two instead. I am on level 45... sooo... try it out! It's really fun.

Anime
I am currently only watching the Sailor Moon reboot. I like it a lot and I am happy they are not making five seasons out of it (talk about extending the show to death). They are apparently following the manga more in the reboot which I like, I like seeing something a bit different.


Those are my favorites this month. Let me now in the comments below if you are playing any of these games or watching something I am watching, I'd love to know. Share with the people you love. Thanks for reading!

Bye guys

Comments

Popular Posts