How are you holding up?

Hey everyone! Today I want to talk to you about Portal, 1 and 2, to make it up to you that I wrote almost nothing last week. So here we go, I did this all for you so enjoy! :)

Even though it's been quite a while since Portal 2 came out it still happens that I listen to the ending songs to both games because they are just so good! I guess I'm not alone feeling like that so I'll post the links to both songs for you, and for those of you who need to hear them! First song and second song (Second song contains a scene from Portal 2 so it's a SPOILER!)

Since I wasn't very much of a nerd when I was little I just saw Portal for the first time some time last year. I found it quite fun and Alex played it so that it was just a month and then Portal 2 was released.

For those of you that doesn't know what portal is, well, you could say that it's an FPS but it's not a shooting game in the usual sence. It's more like... FP action puzzle or something. The game starts (Portal 1) where you wake up in some place and then have to move around in different areas and solve puzzles with you're "gun". There's also a robot somewhere that talk to you about where you should go and how you're doing etc. Portal 2 starts in the same way where you wake up in a room and there's a voice telling you what to do. You don't know where you are and you just have do to what you're told. As the first game proceeds you understand that you're at "Apperture science" whatever place that could be.

Here's a teaser video that shows you quite good what portal is about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluRVBhmf8w

Here are aswell some nice pictures from both portal 1 and 2!



















Just a chamber i Portal 2 where it grows bushes and stuff haha, I don't remember why...

















From Portal 1. You can actually see yourself if you put a portal on both sides of you. If you don't understand.. it's complicated! Haha


























Wheatly from Portal 2. Cute little robot you meet in the beginning.































Big pic! Um, these are from Portal 2 as well. "Modified" turrets from the chambers. You see them here and there but you don't really encounter them in the chambers...



































The original kind of turret





















Do you get how it works? ;)


The ending of Portal 1 (this will be spoiler free) is according to me quite funny if you realize what it's about. The thing with Portal 2 though is that they've added so much more humor and a whole new level of story which makes this ending better but still functioning with Portal 1! And during Portal 2 there's so much more riddles/things you get surprised to find out (lol...) so the ending is so much "more"!

But the diffrences between the games graphics are not as big and gamewise. The graphics are indeed better but they're still quite alike. What makes Portal 2 so much more fun than Portal 1 is that the game has added so much experience. Experience in story, jokes and new ways of getting through chambers!

They've also added co-op into Portal 2 which you can get a little hang on in this video:
Portal 2 - co-op

What's cool about co-op is that it seems to add a whole new level of play. When you have two players of course there will be more posibilites with four portals for one person if you'd like.

But now to the end of this post and the meaning of my headline! I... I don't know if there will be any possibility that I would make you laugh if I would just tell the joke as it is. I don't even know if you'll find it funny even if I'll link it... but I will!

SPOILER WARNING both in this text and in the video too...

So in the video, Glados from Portal 1 that still plays a vital part in portal 2, has been transformed into a potato by Wheatly and now they're falling through an endless whole. Glados is not happy... watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsg-i0Gh2Eg



OK so I hope everyone laughed! *I know you didn't...* My humor is so great

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

  1. I like the blog post and i won't correct anything. what i want to do is to recommend you to play some other games, if you liked the portal games. Here's a list:
    Psychonauts
    Half-Life the first one and Half-life 2 and the Episodes 1-2
    All the Mass Effect games. I know more games but that is a good enough list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, wow, that makes me so glad to hear. You're the first commenter so you should really be awarded somehow, haha ;)
      But hey, thanks for all the tips on games. I will try them out for sure. Right now, I'm preparing my computer to hand it in for maintenance so I might not do it right now but it will happen.
      Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts