Don't starve

Hey everyone!

I'm sitting here watching HerO versus Hyun at the moment and some epic games are going down right now. Go HerO-oruuuu ^-^v

So I've been reading up a bit about on how to make game reviews. This is because it's something I would like to start doing more here on the blog rather than just telling you I like a certain game or not. If you read my "newspaper of e-sport" yesterday you might have saw that I bought a lot of games on Steam sale. I told you my thoughts on "Fez" so here are my thoughts on "Don't starve".

Before I bought "Don't starve", all I knew about it was the basics of the gameplay after watching like 5-10 minutes of what it was about on TotalBiscuits channel. But when it was as cheap as it was on Steam sale I realized I had to buy it.

The best description I've ever gotten on the game is "Tim Burton meets Minecraft" and that is so accurate. The game is designed like a Tim Burton film and the gameplay is Minecraft-ish.



What I do like a lot is that you basically get no instructions on what to do, just don't starve. So you build your fire every night, find your berries and carrots and try to find material for next thing you want to build. It's a very simple game, yet hard to survive through and I say that playing on the default level, you can make it so much harder... or easier if you want to just lol-around.

The game could be more fun if you could make a few more things. Some easier to access and some hard. It would be good if you had a single clue about where to look for things you need but a dark map and not knowing I guess is a part of it, just makes it very difficult to create some of the things.

So, great game with fun comments when you examine them, The sounds, light and design is lovely and the game is pretty hard even though it doesn't really seem that way. I've already played it for 4 hours and I'm not tired of it, at all, even though it's a pretty open world and I've died and lost my things several times. I would recommend it to anyone that likes lighter games but also people that would like a challenge, it's all up to how you want to play it.

Good:

  • The design, sound and comments
  • It doesn't bore you in 30 minutes

Bad:

  • Sometimes too hard to know how to get through to the next materials
  • The lightning can make it hard to see important things sometimes

I would score it a 7/10

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts