Theme week - Harry Potter

Hey everyone!

In the Harry Potter series there are obviously a lot of people involved and therefore there are a lot of different relationships to discuss. I know there are some that are really interesting such as Fred and George, Hermione and Ron or Hagrid and Harry. Many things could be interesting to discuss here but what interests me the most is the relationship between Harry and Hermione.

I don't know about you but I never wanted my ship to sail for Harry and Hermione and even though I don't love Hermione with Ron either I guess that's the better choice according to me.

Harry and Hermione's relationship was early beautiful from my point of view. They were only children in the first two books and films and they just seem to have a "normal" friendly relationship during that time.



Even when Hermione rather leans on Ronald's shoulder than Harry's because she probably likes him even then you can notice in the third book/film that those things doesn't matter to Harry because they're friends anyway.

Further from there I just see their relationship grow as friends and I think that they are very important to each other though it isn't outspoken and clear. They just have a lot in common because they were both put into the wizarding world at the age of 11, even though Harry wasn't muggleborn, just to bring up one example.

It sounds stupid in one way to say that it would have been a bad ship to sail because there were never any romance between them in any of the books/films because it could always had been hidden/not supposed to be shown or similar. Their, according to me, strong relationship as friends was never shown either so why would anything romantic have been shown.

I guess that if either of them were ever to like the other there would have been some problems. If Harry liked Hermione later on in the series he would have known her feelings for Ron and if Hermione somewhere would have started liking Harry a bit more there would have been Cho, Ginny or someone else in the way too. For me, it's all written and shown like they "shouldn't" be together.



I guess that's a big part of why I can't see it happen, because it's too far off for me. I don't think Rowling ever meant for anyone of them to like the other so it's never shown to the reader/viewer.

They're good as they are and I hope they, in their made-up future, always will be!

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts