Theme week - Harry Potter

Hey everyone!

Last day of theme week, huh? Time flies.

I just wanted to end this week with something special that I have never really thought about before and just stumbled over yesterday, in this post I'm making things up pretty much on the go.

What I stumbled over was someone wondering if Hogwarts accepted students with disablities etc. The discussion was short, it was mainly "Yes, probably", but I wanted to bring up some problems that students might have and what Hogwarts, if they accept them, should do with their problem to help them out.



Dyslexia
I imagine this is pretty easy to solve no matter what school you're at, whether it's a muggle- or wizard school. Reading to the person is a pretty easy way but I imagine there are several spells that make the text be read somehow or spells that make text larger, simpler or atleast something alike!

No legs/walking disability/paralysis
I imagine this is not a problem at all to be honest once the person comes to Hogwarts. Someone should be able to put fake-legs on your body or just cure the paralysis. But say that there's a walking disability someone wouldn't be able to fix I find it extremely fun to imagine wheelchairs enchanted with wingardium leviosa when approaching stairs and similar. I think this is rather improbable, there must be better objects than a wheelchair. Why not a smaller flying mount, a flying mat or something along the wizarding lines!

Werewolfism
This is something they obviously accept, Lupin went to Hogwarts being a werewolf. I guess potions teachers back then also made cures for them and that they can arrange to skip classes etc. Pretty indisputable actually...

Mute
This one is really tough to figure out. I have no idea if a wizard can do spells if he can't speak. I tried to look up mute witches or wizards but couldn't really find anything. If they could be taught to use spells without incantations everything's fine but I'm not sure at all if that's possible.



Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts