First interview - Hellspawn!

Hey everyone! I got time for one interview before I left today so here it is! Last post until probably sunday evening/night. I hope you enjoyed it even though it came up late. Remember that the new url will soon be artsnerdyblog.blogspot.com - don't forget! I'll change it very very soon.

The interview was with Hellspawn. I was really nervous and also tired so it wasn't as good as the first interview :/
  It was really cool walking away with him, I felt so important hahaha, and then just all the way he said hi to like everyone and I was like, does he know everybody? We kinda "met" James 2GD and I thought he was rather short but he was the freaking tallest man I've ever met. I was a bit stunned but he asked me if I had a lighter, I didn't unfortunately.


Are you happy with how WCS has played out until now? I mean all the way from SM until today?
I think it's been great, I'm satisfied, I like to have all the four nordic countries here. Most people has been happy too and it's fun to see so many people coming even before the show. We sold a lot of tickets even though it seems like there's not so many people here since many of them decided to be in the bar instead of being at the floor so it looks like we are few on the stream even though we're really not.

In the two last days your twitter has been bombed with tweets and retweets about WCS, is it because you've been feeling superhyped or is it always like that for you?
Well, of course I tweet about what I work with. For me it's mostly retweets because I work so hard with this and I don't have much time to tweet unless I'm on the subway where I have time to think. But it's of course for marketing too, "spread the word" so to say.

You told me before that you were nervous before the event really started, that must have started to go away now at least?
It's not really that I'm nervous but we've had little knowledge of how the event was going to end up like until the beginning week. We've been doing more work than usual and that's because DreamHack summer was so recently ago. When we do all the festivals they're so big that we need time and energy to work with them which makes it hard to jump into a new project again. Even though we worked with this in the spring we mostly worked with it after DH summer. It's intense and that we also didn't know much about how the event would be is also a factor. Working with Blizzard was new, it worked out very well, but we didn't know much about how they wanted to work either, but I'm still satisfied with that.

Have you been cheering for anyone that isn't from Sweden? Any Danish, Norwegian or Finnish person?
As the person that arrange the event I don't really cheer for any specific player. I just want it to be good games, have a good audience and also have satisfied players. I like seeing if there's any up set to, like with Norway today...

You enjoy watching all the players instead?
Yes, and it's also interesting to see everyone here even though we has e-sports SM and "NärCon" this event feels more prestige filled so everyone's here. To see who takes it home for Sweden will also be nice to see of course.

The European finals for WCS will also be held here in Sweden. It's already big to have only the Nordic nationals, how big will it be when all of Europe will have their attention on just Sweden?
I definitely think that all of Europe and the whole e-sport world have gotten to understand that Sweden have had good players since a long time back but mostly everyone has noted what we do here with DreamHack. I think they see how good things are going for us. To have the European finals in "Globen" with Blizzards support though is just like I dream. Like my colleague, Tomas, said "I don't even know what the next step for us is", it just feels awesome, I think the event will be great and everything's on top. It's going to be a hard month, the week after that we're hosting DreamHack Eizo open Valencia so there's going to be one day of rest, one day of flying, maybe one day at the beach and then just keep working.

Talk about a busy schedule!
Yeah, at the least!

Great, thanks!
Thank you too.


You can follow Hellspawn at https://twitter.com/Hellspawnlord

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts