Interview number two

Hey everyone! Finally I got an answer from the other person I interviewed at WCS and finally I had time to put it up.

So here it is, an interview with Ina Bäckström! (https://twitter.com/InaBackstrom)
  This was the first person I interviewed and it was a bit nervous too. But Ina is really, really nice and we seemed to get along pretty well just like that! We continued to speak during the evening a bit as well and it was fun to get to know someone new, a whole new contact.

For those of you that doesn't know, who are you and what are you doing here?
Right now I'm just here as a spectator but with e-sport I have worked with SVT (swedish television channel), the Dreamhack broadcasts for example, I've also worked with Aftonbladet (swedish newspaper) before from Valencia and right now I also work with Barcraft (http://barcraftsverige.se/)
quite a bit.

Are you happy with how WCS has played out until now? I mean all the way from SM until today?
Absolutely, I think the SM qualifier has been one of the most fun things during this year. I think it's a great initiative for both swedish and nordic e-sport and that they earn on giving every player an opportunity to play.

In addition, the European finals will be held here to, that's really cool and even bigger!
Yes, I think it's so, so good to invest in this.

Who are you cheering for today?
I don't think I cheer much at all. ThorZaIN is very nice as a person and a player so I'm always cheering a bit for him, otherwise I mostly like surprises. So execpt ThorZaIN there's not really anyone.

If we leave WCS, how does it feel being nominated to "årets IT-tjej" (this years it-girl) 2012?

It feels really cool. It's a big honour and it feels great that such a big company as Microsoft likes what you're doing. At the same time it's a big responsibility but also a big opportunity to influence and make room and interest for girls. It's very important that girls get into this business and dare to act because there are many girl that automatically think that technology isn't there thing since it's not natural in their everyday life. So you get to encourage and show that there are girl that think this is fun!

Have you done anything special after being announced as this years it-girl?
Yes, I've been having speeches and such but then I've just kept on doing the things I already are working on and developing them.

What would you want to say to those that say "I would never imagine that a girl would be a nerd/gamer"?
Well it's a little complex question but I just think you have to keep showing yourself and people will stop commenting those thing. I don't think you should make a deal out of that it's a girl but give attention because the person is good and not because it's a girl.

Yes because it's very sad to see girls and events being like "Hi, I'm here and I'm a girl" and...
That's showing a different side.

Yes I think it will show that we think we want girls to be like that even though we don't. It's like a bad ideal.
Yeah because you want to be here as a person and not a gender, the gender is not what's important

Exactly! Thank you
Thanks

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts