5 reasons it's so cool to be a gamer

Hey everyone!

Before we start on the "5 reasons"-list I just wanted to give a shoutout to Ina Bäckström and Paradox interactive for having a contest where they handed out keys on "War of the roses". Thank you so much for letting me win too, I'm really glad and I will play the game in the neat future, hopefully in the week-end and I'll tell you more about that game after that of course. If you don't know the game you can watch "WTF is..." right here.




And while speaking of videos and not the list yet... I wonder so badly why I have missed watching "The guild" on YouTube. I found it through a friend just the other day and I have never heard about it before though it's like 5 years old. It seems like a really fun serie to watch! Short epoisodes too so you can watch severeal a day. How I missed them is a good question and if you were as slow as I and have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the first episode, watch it with me!




So, to the list!

1. Culture
At least in Sweden it's cool to be recognized as a part of the culture in itself by the culture departement at the  government. Finally some recognition by not only people around you but even by whole Sweden. Telling someone you're involved with culture might make them understand a bit further what it is you're doing.

2. Dreamhack
Yet again, this might only apply in Sweden but... the biggest computer festival... how cool isn't that? I usually don't go to parties a lot and I don't like to watch my local sports team but I do like going to see my local game team (by local... I mean swedish) so Dreamhack is really the best place to be. It's even better when it fits everyone with all of its games, competions aso.

3. Bragging
Maybe you don't get a lot of time bragging about your high level or for your none gamer friends or how your KD is in CS but when something goes wrong and someone needs help with their computer you can almost always fix their problem (all of a sudden I'm not sure if this applies for me anymore)... at least most of the times! They'll get happy that you fixed their issue even if it's just how to tab in word or something simple as that.

4. You're never bored
My friends often complain about being bored when they're home, all they do is watch TV or scroll through Facebook. With games, that's never a problem. At least I always feel like games give me mental practise, social exchange or just something to do except only watching TV (like clicking lol..).

5. You don't have to try and fit in
Since you're already odd, according to some people, you don't have to try to be cool all the time. You're already unique and you can just relax and be yourself. The people who doesn't like you just don't understand why games are so developing and fun and they're no good in your life anyway.

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts