Videogames are better than TV

Hey everyone!

Not that everyone here already knew this but I wanted to speak of it anyway. It's just a link of a mother talking about videogames as a good thing, tell this to people who are negative about them!

http://www.oldschoolnewschoolmom.com/2012/02/video-games-are-better-than-tv-for-your.html

But also, I know she talks a lot about educational games for children but I do believe that the whole "Television makes you passive" thing is so correct. People in all ages will probably "learn" or at least be more active while playing games. Even if you only play Tetris I think you activate your brain so much more than if you'd watch TV. I also think playing flashgames online is better than nothing. Getting your brain to work in games is not as good as doing math or walk for your body's sake but it's so much better than nothing. I remember when I was little and my parents felt as though I played too much games, they told me to go out, but so many parents told their children to watch TV instead, why? WHY I ask! I think it's much better to find good games for your children that make them think, make desicions or learn something, why not? It's better than teaching them that if you stare at a screen I will be proud of you.

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts