Theme week - Thursday

Hey everyone!

In 1984 the third game of Donkey Kong was released "Donkey Kong 3" for the NES. A lot of Donkey Kong games has been successfull but many people thinks that the Donkey Kong 3 was their flopp. I don't have much to say personally because I've never tried it out but I understand what they mean because the gameplay seem so wierd. I mean like, who is Stanley, the bugman?




I mean sure, the Donkey Kong junior is a bit different from Donkey Kong but Donkey Kong 3 is just way off. I mean, for me, this seems like a good minigame if something but on the other hand doesn't all Donkey Kongs do atleast a bit?

The "story" in Donkey Kong 3 is just as good as in any of these old games. Donkey Kong is hiding in Stanley's greenhouse he has to stop Donkey Kong from messing up everything this with the bugs (that would destroy his flowers). In difference of newer games you don't see much story developement but who expected that anyway?

I've heard that their success with Space Shooter was something they wanted to combine with Donkey Kong, because if you just put two games together it will be great! Right? Not really. Donkey Kong 3 became the result of that and see how wierd it looks, haha! Funny as it is, Stanley also had a game from 1982 called "Greenhouse". So, practically they just put together three games and hoped it would work.

I'm not gonna take away the joy some of you might have had around 1984 but I just think it looks pretty wierd. Donkey Kong sold around 60 000 copies, Donkey Kong junior sold 30 000 and Donkey Kong 3 only sold 5 000 so atleast I'm not alone with what I think.

All glory to Donkey Kong but not Donkey Kong 3!

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts