Theme week - Tuesday

Hey everyone! At the moment I am listening to the "Forever gamer" that I won't post here because I've been posting it like a million times. I had just forgotten the song and since it's about old games I felt like it was perfect to put on, really gets me into the mood.

I decided that after Frogger I will now try to go a bit forward in time the rest of the week and not go back to superold games like Pong or what ever. So Frogger was released 1981 so next game will be Pac Man for Atari 2600 that was released in 1982 (The original Pac man was released in 1980 though).

To get even further into the mood I played it online first, not the Atari versions though.
http://www.thepcmanwebsite.com/media/pacman_flash/

I got 9 560 p which I actually found pretty good, lol.

I never had an Atari console and I wasn't even born in 1982 and I've never tried out the console either so I actually have no idea whether it's good or not. Pac Man must be the first game I played though. I remember my mother played it (the only game I've ever seen her play I think) and so I had to try it too and have actually played it a few hours in my life! On PC in 1998 that is.

Picture from Wikipedia.org




















The game Pac man had already been a hit and two years after release Atari decided to release a port of what was Namco's hit from the beginning, this was of course played with a joy stick! I like that the object of the game actually is just eating bunches of plops and escaping ghosts. Even though the programmer Tod Frye had gotten very little time to finish the project he managed to make the game so well that it sold 7 million copies which was the best selling Atari 2600 would ever have.


Sounds like a fun game right? But since I can talk much about a game I've never played, here's a video!




After seeing the video the game suddenly seems terrible. "Frogger" and the "Pac Man" I played is what I will stick too!

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts