Puppies and gaming goes together... how?

Hey everyone! Today I finished my last essay before my graduation, I am so relieved! Now it's only 10 days until I graduate and only 8 until my sister gets a puppy, A PUPPY.

Now, I'm not going to talk about puppies for ever but I just wanted to show which dog she's chosen. Actually my even older sister breeds this dog and my young sister wanted a small one, I wish she wanted a bigger one, so she decided to get one from my oldest sister's dog litter.


They're called "Bedlington terriers", these are just puppies though!

This means I have puppies on my mind all day long and figured, why not write about puppies, dogs and pets on the blog while I'm at it! This is because today I want to aim a post to younger readers, that happens too rarely.

Puppies!
First off I couldn't find any good games with only puppies in them except online. The most PC games had dogs that were grown-up or was going to grow up at some point.

But I found this!

http://www.girlsgogames.com/game/cute_puppy_daycare.html

It's not really in my taste, the only thing about it that actually drags me to the game is it's "competition" which is rather unsatisfying when you get your score. In case you are younger and don't have that much money to go and buy games all the time, this might be a good option for you though.

And while speaking of online games I used to play this game years and years ago, I remember it being so calming to me... :)

http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/dog.htm

So... dogs!
It was way easier finding games about dogs in general such as the "Nintendogs""/Nintencats" games and the "Petz"-games.

I myself played Nintendogs when I was 13 and wanted a dog so bad (and I'm finally going to be with my sister raising one!). This game is for the DS/3DS and is a lot of fun if you enjoy handheld console games with dogs. For the console, it's really well done.


The "Petz"-series was started really early and I followed the games rather well from the start. Or well, it was started in 1995 when I was only a year old. At that time the games looked very different from today!




The petz series has also developed a lot. In the beginning I think you could have cats and dogs and it was only for PC. Now it has games for the Wii, the DS and I would guess even more. Now you can also buy horses, play the "vet" game, tigers etc etc.

Pets and animals!
Somehow I was always a little bit disappointed in petgames when I was younger, don't get me wrong, I loved petgames (and still nostalgically like them) but I always felt like something was lacking. I loved the zoo tycoon games and other pet games but if there was a game with more than one animal with it, it was always "vet..."-something and I just wished that except zoo tycoon there would be a good game with many animals... but to this day I don't think I can find them.

Now, there was a change of tone today on the blog, a bit childish. So if you're a child, good for you! Go and try the games I suggested. If not I would recommend parents showing these games to your younger children. Maybe you want to share your gaming passion with them? Then start easy and introduce these games!

Gnbth
Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts