Grandmothers...

Hey everyone! Such a fun story came to mind I just had to tell you.

My grandmother is 90 years old (born in 1921) and almost grew up with horse and carriage being the only transportation, haha! So... if you think your mother that might be 40 or something is a bit late with understanding technology I guess you can understand how my grandmother acts around technology.

I remember when my uncle gave her a phone and she still didn't understand how to just open a message (just open it on the big button that actually said "open") after several months... she stopped using that phone.

I also remember when she bought her first CD player and CD with music that goes like the first link. It's funny because she bought it in like 2007 when CD players were soo totally out already! She's kind of behind haha!

But the actual memory I wanted to tell you about was when my father had bought a gps and she was in the car, very fascinated, and she said;
"Bengt [my father is Bengt], how does she [the voice in the gps] know where we are going?"
And father just calmly explained that;
"I just typed that into the system so I actually told her were we are going in one way"
But she's still a bit confused and asks;
"But then, how does she now where we are?!"
Hahaha
Not enough time in the world to make her understand... :)

That's all
Gnbth
Bye


First CD/song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NW-5nciW9o

Comments

Popular Posts